Artificial intelligence (AI) is having an increasingly prominent impact on the way in which different industries operate. This is driving employers to seek out highly skilled professionals to maximise system performance.
This online and part-time Artificial Intelligence MSc is designed to develop your expertise within this area, cultivating your practical skills and developing programming techniques, which will enable you to work effectively within the complex field of AI.
The curriculum involves the introduction to the theory and practice of AI programming and development. You will have the opportunity to explore the relevant applications of the discipline and how to practically apply them to a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career.
Enhance your skillset with this specialist programme in the rapidly growing sector of computer science. You will be able to learn from experts in artificial intelligence at an institution renowned worldwide for its research into artificial intelligence.
This programme consists of the following modules.
You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PGDip), and 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PGCert).
• Global Trends in Computer Science (15 credits)
• Machine Learning in Practice (15 credits)
• Multi-Agent Systems (15 credits)
• Robotics (15 credits)
• Deep Learning (15 credits)
• Reasoning and Intelligent Systems (15 credits)
• Natural Language Processing and Understanding (15 credits)
• Research Methods in Computer Science (15 credits)
• Computer Science Capstone Project (60 credits)
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact our admissions team.
Applicants should possess either:
• A degree in computer science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a 2:2 UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ relevant IT professional experience; or
• Professional work experience in IT or a related field and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Graduates will be able to thrive in a range of demanding roles across many sectors, by combining a strong foundation in computer science from your first degree with an advanced knowledge of AI from this programme.
Potential job titles include AI Consultant, AI Developer, Data Scientist, Information Strategy Manager, Machine Learning Engineer and Research Scientist.