University of Bath provides working professionals, or those with no previous experience, with trailblazing, practice-based teaching, aimed to inspire and prepare you for a career in computer science. Throughout studying the online computer science degree you’ll be taught by inspirational research academics, whose work leads the way in AI, Human Computer Interaction and cybersecurity. It’s because of this that many of the on-campus graduates have secured positions with huge companies such as Electronic Arts, Nokia and KPMG.
• 7th for student experience for computer science in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
• Ranked 10th in the UK by the Complete University Guide 2022
• Top 10 for course satisfaction in computer science and information systems by The Guardian University Guide 2022
Pioneering industry insights
The University of Bath heads up the Institute of Coding, an initiative made up of universities and corporations committed to plugging the digital skills gap. This initiative helps develop skills where they’re most needed in order to create the next generation of digital specialists.
The Institute’s vision is to enhance the education and employability of every learner and ensure that employers and individuals can access the skills they need to compete in the global digital economy. This initiative means that the University of Bath is ideally placed to help you develop the skills that employers need the most, in order to advance your career goals.
Join one of the fastest growing industries in the UK, with an online MSc in Computer Science, from the University of Bath. In the first half of 2021, 173,309¹ tech jobs were advertised monthly on average. This represents an increase of 42% relative to 2019¹. University of Bath recognises the importance of developing elite computer science professionals, and this course offers you the chance to upgrade your know-how and switch up your career, no matter if you want to be a software developer or a technical analyst.
1. “Jobs and Skills Report,” Tech Nation. Retrieved February 17, 2022, from https://technation.io
In this course, you will learn and understand the core theories and practices in computer science, developing a solid base of knowledge. You will understand core Computer Science theories and practices and be able to think critically, actively contributing towards the body of knowledge in the industry and pushing the boundaries with code.
• Principles of programming (10 credits)
• Software engineering 1 (10 credits)
• Foundations of computation (10 credits)
• Software engineering 2 (10 credits)
• Databases and cloud (10 credits)
• Functional programming (10 credits)
• Artificial intelligence (10 credits)
• Entrepreneurship (10 credits)
• Theory of human computer interaction (10 credits)
• Cybersecurity (10 credits)
• Intelligent control and cognitive systems (10 credits)
• Research seminar and project preparation (10 credits)
• Independent research project (60 credits)
Click here for more information.
What do our graduates do next?
• Games developer
• Information systems manager
• IT consultant
• Multimedia programmer
• Network engineer
• Systems developer
Where do our graduates go on to work?
Graduates from the Department of Computer Science have gone on to work for companies such as:
• BAE Systems
• Electronic Arts
• Web Usability
• Imagination Technologies
Upgrade your career potential with the University of Bath