Our Project Management MSc is designed to facilitate the development of technical competence in areas including risk management, monitoring, and control of projects, procurement, as well as a core understanding of operations management principles, which can plague project delivery.
Learning will be action and practice-focused, with students testing out theory and knowledge within their own current or previous organisational contexts and experience and seeking out actionable knowledge in response to current problems they face. You will reflect on the principles and methodologies of the leading professional Project Management bodies, such as the Association for Project Management (APM) and the Project Management Institute (PMI).
You will be equipped with the appropriate knowledge and expertise to pursue qualifications such as PMQ (APM), PPQ (APM), PMP (PMI), CAPM (PMI) for those with some Project Management experience, or PFQ (APM) for those just starting out.
Develop knowledge and skills required for a successful career in project management with this fully online and part-time Project Management MSc developed by leading academics in the University of Liverpool’s AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS accredited Management School.
This programme consists of the following modules.
You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) and 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PG Cert).
• Contemporary Project Management (15 credits)
• Risk and Uncertainty in Project Planning (15 credits)
• Portfolio, Programme, and Project Execution (15 credits)
• Leading and Managing Project Teams (15 credits)
• Strategic Procurement Management (15 credits)
• Supply Chain Operations Management (15 credits)
• Finance and Data Analysis for Managers (15 credits)
• Research Methods (15 credits)
• Dissertation (60 credits)
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact our admissions team.
Applicants should possess either:
• A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
• Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, awareness, and confidence to be highly effective project managers and professionals able to influence organisational strategy and practice. After completing this programme, you will be able to develop your existing career, move into a project management role within any sector or work within a general project management position.