Our Psychology (Conversion) MSc offers an opportunity for students from non-accredited psychology courses and other disciplines to convert their existing qualifications to an award that meets the requirements for Graduate Basis of Chartership with the British Psychological Society.
- This BPS accredited conversion programme is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of biological, developmental, cognitive and social psychology. You will also learn how to put psychological principles into effect in a variety of settings including research, practice, and the interface of applied research.
The philosophy of providing a research connected student experience combining active learning and authentic assessment employs diving into case studies driven by current research work. Students will develop their own research skills, knowledge and attitudes to put psychological principles into effect in a variety of settings.
Module assessments are designed to maximise student employability by actively engaging students in solving real word problems within their context, enabling them to integrate new knowledge into their individual working and social environment.
Please note – the postgraduate awards for this programme are titled as follows: Psychology (Conversion) MSc, Psychology PG Dip and Psychology PG Cert.
Studying psychology presents an opportunity to further understand human behaviour and motivation, a knowledge that can be applied to a range of careers in the creative industries, legal sector and education. This online programme, accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), incorporates the scientific aspects aimed to enable our students to learn the application of the reasoned approach, problem solving and manipulation of data.
This online programme consists of the following modules. This programme consists of the following modules. You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) and 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PG Cert).
Students that successfully complete the Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) can progress onto the Mental Health Psychology (PG Dip and MSc) or Organisational Business Psychology (PG Dip and MSc) programmes. Find out more about our psychology programmes by contacting our admissions team.
- Mind, Brain and Behaviour (15 credits)
- Social Psychology (15 credits)
- Data Analysis for Psychology (15 credits)
- Personality, Individual Differences and Intelligence (15 credits)
- Cross Cultural Issues in Lifespan Development (15 credits)
- Psychology of Learning (15 credits)
- Cognitive Psychology (15 credits)
- Psychobiology (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject including psychology equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of a 2:2 class degree in any subject including psychology equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree AND have gained at least two years of relevant professional experience.
Non-psychology applicants will normally require a GCSE Grade 4 (grade C) or GCE O Level pass in Mathematics and English, or an equivalent qualification.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 (overall) and 7.0 (reading and writing).
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Graduates of this online Psychology (Conversion) MSc will meet the requirements for Graduate Basis of Chartership with the British Psychological Society (GBC), essential for students’ development as psychologists, and will become eligible to be admitted to train in the disciplines of Clinical or Clinical Neuropsychology, Forensic Psychology, Counselling and Education Child Psychology.