In recent years, Artificial Intelligence is significantly more closely connected with human progress and societal change. It calls on new and powerful data algorithms to ensure that intelligent machines work in closer collaboration with us than ever before.
AI is evolving at a rapid pace. It has a broad application across a variety of business functions, including marketing and policymaking, finance, and healthcare. This online MSc also addresses the ethical implications of advancing machine intelligence, and related issues around transparency and accountability. These are factors that have previously been overlooked by many in the rush to extend the possibilities of technology.
• 7th for student experience for computer science in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
• Ranked 10th in the UK by the Complete University Guide 2022
• Top 10 for course satisfaction in computer science and information systems by The Guardian University Guide 2022
This online MSc in Artificial Intelligence is ideal if you are motivated by the challenges and infinite possibilities of advancing AI. It is designed to give professionals from computer science – as well as a host of other disciplines – the opportunity to specialise in AI and meet the increasing demand for experts in this exciting, future-focused, and rapidly growing specialism.
These vary depending on which course you would like to pursue. Please visit our website and register your details to speak to a recruitment coordinator to find out more.
Cost per 10 credits £833* (10% alumni discount). Fees are paid per unit. The MSc totals 180 credits. * Valid up to and including September 2022 intake. Tuition fees are liable to increase each January. You should budget for an increase of up to a maximum of 5% each year.
In order to help you to take advantage of a wide range of future career opportunities, the online MSc in Artificial Intelligence contains a broad range of practical subjects, such as programming, data science and robotics. This enables a comprehensive understanding of AI and its application in the real world.
You can opt to take two specialist pathways: a general pathway focused on AI in context, with the other exploring technical aspects of AI in further depth. As a result, whether you’re seeking to fill the digital skills gap or eager to learn about the latest breakthroughs in AI, this course will challenge your thinking and give you the tools to apply your knowledge into practice.
• Principles of Programming for Artificial Intelligence (10 credits)
• Mathematics for Artificial Intelligence (10 credits)
• Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (10 credits)
• Applications of Artificial Intelligence (10 credits)
• Humans and Intelligent Machines (10 credits)
• Introduction to NLP (10 credits)
• Artificial Intelligence Systems Engineering (10 credits)
• Further Artificial Intelligence (10 credits)
• Research Seminar and Project Preparation (10 credits)
• Dissertation (60 credits)
Optional Units: General Pathway
• Machine Learning (10 credits)
• Artificial Intelligence as a Social and Political Practice (10 credits)
• Robotics (10 credits)
Optional Units: Technical Pathway
• Foundations and Frontiers of Machine Learning (10 credits)
• Reinforcement Learning (10 credits)
• Robotics and Machine Vision (10 credits)
Interactive online learning
The course is delivered remotely and entirely online. Learning material is made available to students via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Assessments are conducted online, also through the VLE. Students study one unit at a time, and learning support is provided through electronic discussion forums and live tutorial sessions.
Click here for more information.