The University of Bath are the first university in the UK to offer an online Master of Science in Applied Economics, and by emphasising practice over theory, we provide time-pressed professionals with the opportunity to further their career prospects in economics, banking, and finance.
The online master’s in economics is run by the Department of Economics, recognised globally for their research in economic theory, econometrics, and finance. The course is led by active, published researchers with years of experience in economics who will teach, support, and inspire you throughout your studies.
Our Applied Economics online MSc is one of the top degrees for developing networks and attracting attention from a range of employers.
• Ranked joint 2nd for graduate prospects in Accounting and Finance in The Complete University Guide 2022
• 7th for graduate prospects in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
• Ranked 5th for Accounting and Finance by The Guardian University Guide 2022
From political uncertainty to finance and recruitment demands, economics is integral to everyday decision-making. Go beyond the research papers and emphasise practice from theory with the University of Bath’s Applied Economics (Banking and Financial Markets) online MSc, gaining insights you can put into action from day one.
These vary depending on which course you would like to pursue. Please visit our website and register your details to speak to a recruitment coordinator to find out more.
Cost per 10 credits £833* (10% alumni discount). Fees are paid per unit. The MSc totals 180 credits.
* Valid up to and including September 2022 intake. Tuition fees are liable to increase each January. You should budget for an increase of up to a maximum of 5% each year.
You will learn how to analyse, interpret, and critically evaluate economic data and research, as well as how to use micro and macro-economics to guide strategic decision-making. During the 100% online course you will learn how to apply these principles you have learnt to real world economics and policy issues, and even your own research projects.
• Principles of Economics, Maths and Statistics (10 credits)
• Applied microeconomics A (10 credits)
• Applied microeconomics B (10 credits)
• Applied macroeconomics A (10 credits)
• Applied macroeconomics B (10 credits)
• Applied econometrics A (10 credits)
• Applied econometrics B (10 credits)
• Strategic decision making and games A (10 credits)
• Strategic decision making and games B (10 credits)
• Economics of financial institutions (10 credits)
• International monetary policy and institutions (10 credits)
• Financial markets (10 credits)
• Applied financial economics (10 credits)
• Applied research methods (10 credits)
• Master’s project (40 credits)
You will learn via immersive video material and real-life case studies, as well as benefit from direct and regular communication with other students and lecturers. The online MSc Applied Economics (Banking and Financial Markets) is a passage to cutting-edge research and sought-after careers, for those with work and lifestyle commitments.
Click here for more information.
At the University of Bath, your employability is the biggest focus. The course is bursting with contemporary ideas and unique case studies, providing you with all the theoretical knowledge, practical experience, and confidence for a long & successful career in banking and finance. The Complete University Guide 2022 ranked the University of Bath joint 2nd for graduate prospects in Accounting and Finance. If you want to enhance your prospects and become the economics expert at your company, this online course can make it happen.